Date: 13th October 2008 at 3:47pm
Written by:

Wycombe boss Peter Taylor has spoken out to put Blues fans’ minds at rest.

Some supporters have expressed fears that newly appointed Colchester manager Paul Lambert may try to sign some of his former players in the January transfer window.

This will not happen according to Taylor.

He told the club’s official website : I’ve got no worries whatsoever that any of my players will be going anywhere unless we receive an unbelievable offer. We’re trying to have a very good season here and you can’t do that by letting your best players go.’

That will come as a relief to Wycombe fans, who have seen good starts turn sour on more than one occasion in recent years.

The mid-season sales of Nathan Tyson and Kevin Betsy in past campaigns have marked sudden downturns in fortune for promotion chasing Wycombe sides.


Other News

Peter Taylor has reiterated his desire to have Simon Church back at Adams Park on loan. Two-goal Church starred for the Wales U21 side last week, despite facing an England side full of Premiership players.

Taylor told the club’s official site: ‘I was there for the first leg and I thought he was outstanding. We’re still going to try to bring him back here, without a doubt. Hopefully we’ll be able to sort something out after the next Under-21 game this Wednesday.’